Yoga is a science of Self-discovery. In this Science you are both the scientist and the field of study.
On a practical level Yoga is a process where we harmonise Body, Mind and Soul with the purpose of making our life better and to live fully in harmony with our surroundings (nature and society) as well as ourselves.
Among the benefits of a regular yoga practice you will gain:
- Body strength and flexibility.
- Better awareness of the body.
- Relaxed body and mind.
- Better concentration.
- Better understanding of your own personality (strength, weakness, ambitions and needs).
- Ability to deal with your emotions in a better way.
The practice of Yoga involves the entire human being starting from the gross level (the body) and going deeper to the subtle aspect of the mind.
Yoga is for every age and you don’t need to be athletic or fit to do it and it’s not a religion or a belief system, in the Yoga practice you will believe only in what you will discover, it’s your own personal experience.
A tipical yoga class include:
- asana (physical posture)
- pranayama (breathing exercise)
- meditation or yoga nidra